One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The expression of criticism of or pessimism about something.‘he was taken aback by the negativity of the press’
defeatism, negative thinking, expecting the worst, doom and gloom, gloom, gloominesspessimism, defeatism, gloom, gloominess, cynicism, negative thinking, hopelessness, despair, despondency, bleakness, blackness, world-wearinessView synonyms
- ‘Similar negativity is apparent on export orders, which remain depressed.’
- ‘The blanket of media negativity, he says, still raises the hackles.’
- ‘There's a definite theme of sorrow and negativity resulting from some sort of passion and leading to control and severity.’
- ‘So lets have less negativity and nastiness in films and video.’
- ‘I'm sounding like I've become a cathode - spewing negativity in every direction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.