One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Indeed, the lunatic profligacy of the enterprise - its needlessness, its expense in lives, money and reputation - was for them the best argument in its favor.’
- ‘The better it is, the more it reminds me of all that I said above, and the needlessness of it, which invariably fouls my mood for the morning.’
- ‘‘Sentimental theories about the needlessness of the Civil War,’ Schlesinger also warned, in a reference to the just dawning cold war, must not lull Americans into the view that ‘our own struggles against evil [are] equally needless.’’
- ‘And as Ebraun's buddies probably shared his views on the needlessness of her calling, she was going to feel very out of place.’
- ‘Rushabh Sadiwala writes about the needlessness of religion’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.