One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for needlepoint (sense 2 of the noun)
- ‘She has been teaching both needlelace and stumpwork for many years and is a member of the Embroiderers' Guild.’
- ‘You can also purchase all of those hard to find materials for needlelace and stumpwork as well as learning about both.’
- ‘It is raised needlelace similar in method to the flat Youghal needlelace.’
- ‘Top it off with a spray of sweet peas created in wired needlelace and you have a lovely stitched piece.’
- ‘The author, Kay Dennis has been teaching stumpwork and needlelace for several years.’
- ‘In her book Armenian Needlelace and Embroidery, Alice Odian Kasparian states that in her opinion, Armenia was not only the original home of needlelace but of needle art in general.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.