One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The typical embroidery of the nomads of India, needlecraft has been passed on for generations linking life and craft through creative expressions of colour and design.’
- ‘Even as a very young girl, Rajam seemed to hear the mute voices around her; especially voices of young widows, in cloistral existences, striving to express themselves through folk music, needlecraft or the simple act of drawing kolams.’
- ‘The second chapter focuses on the position of women who, largely confined at home, exercised their taste and will in the acquisition and display of ornaments and in the production of needlecraft, art pottery, tile painting and fashion.’
- ‘She will be at the museum to exhibit her needlecraft on November 24 and 25 during York's St Nicholas Fayre.’
- ‘It's not all needlecraft and the Women's Institute when you hit your 50th birthday.’
- ‘What I need is to get away from the dull world of capitalism and the motivation killers of video games and needlecraft I have at home.’
- ‘One Nice Lady, who is very keen on needlecraft, started talking about what should be done with all her buttons and material scraps when she was no longer with us.’
- ‘This comparison is valid enough but wouldn't have originated without quilting's current status as America's most popular needlecraft.’
- ‘For anyone who appreciates creativity, design, and in particular, needlecraft, this is a must-see site. Some panels are just names, beautifully worked.’
- ‘Instead, Chinese girls prepare fruits, melons and incense as offerings to Zhi Nu, the weaving maiden, praying to acquire high skills in needlecraft, as well as hoping to find satisfactory husbands.’
- ‘Anyways she advised me to have them professionally cleaned (even gave me the name of a cleaner who does needlecraft cleaning) and have them reframed.’
- ‘The needlecraft is done entirely by hand, without the use of instruments for measurement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.