One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fine-ribbed corduroy fabric.as modifier ‘a soft needlecord jacket’
- ‘A similar fate befell the Vulcan Senior with cotton seersucker, cotton sailcloth, and needlecord across the ribs.’
- ‘Braez had aged trousers with crease effects in needlecord and velvet and berry and mustard colours; Versace had them too in grey needlecord with a grey cord trench to match.’
- ‘One is made from brown needlecord, with wool felt ears and some chenille yarn for whiskers and a tail.’
- ‘The Boden catalogue (www.boden.co.uk) has some loud party shirts or more modest floral needlecord and chambray versions for a beatnik 1960s look.’
- ‘The 6000 series with nylon fibre inserts and the 2000 range has needlecord polypropylene inserts.’
- ‘You'll love the easy wear softness of these needlecord jeans in any season, with their classic 5 pocket jeans styling.’
- ‘The buttons are covered with the needlecord fabric.’
- ‘It's an easy make - only tricky part is the seam attaching the two handles, flap and bag body in one pass - at one place there were 12 layers of fabric to sew through, it didn't bother the sewing machine, but keeping layers of needlecord in place took some doing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.