One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A drug addict, especially a person addicted to injecting drugs.
abuser, userView synonyms
- ‘The only way I take any pills is by mouth - I'm not a needle man.’
- ‘There were occasions when I, the former needle man, got to employ the skill set of my old habit by injecting my mother with various injectables.’
- ‘Howard was a needle man — that is, a hopeless drug addict.’
- ‘Except for the four card players and the needle man, all were doing absolutely nothing, not even talking.’
- ‘That such an injection (no pun intended; he wasn't a needle man) was often fueled by a cocktail of drugs and alcohol that would fell a herd of rhinos is beside the point.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.