One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I'm almost an Alpha Male in that respect - not wanting to show my neediness or vulnerability - but I'm learning it's completely silly to be that way.’
- ‘He believes that conservatives tend to be people whose psychological needs went unmet in childhood, and who survived this early impoverishment by developing contempt for their own neediness.’
- ‘Frank sang aggressively, peremptorily, without really expecting an answer; there is desperation and neediness in Nora's voice, but I don't hear her as genuinely asking a question either.’
- ‘After decades of instructing children not to talk to strangers, your activities are complicit in a prank where they are encouraged to approach strange men while advertising their financial neediness.’
- ‘The abuse of power is rooted in the abusive family member's extreme emotional deprivation and neediness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.