One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Despite the increased frequency of lung cancer in patients with rheumatoid lung disease, we could find only 2 previous case reports of a carcinoma occurring in intimate association with a necrobiotic nodule.’
- ‘Central necrobiotic area contains abundant connective tissue mucins which is lightly basophilic in appearance.’
- ‘Acinar cells surrounding the necrotic foci showed atrophy and necrobiotic changes, and numerous eosinophilic intranuclear inclusions with clear halos (Cowdry type A) were noted.’
- ‘The authors describe an adverse localized cutaneous reaction caused by the injection of disodium clodronate, histologically presenting as a necrobiotic palisading granuloma.’
- ‘Because necrobiotic nodules may be indistinguishable radiologically from carcinoma and infectious granulomas, it has been recommended that all pulmonary nodules in rheumatoid patients be biopsied.’
- ‘A diagnosis of necrobiotic xanthogranuloma was established.’
- ‘Histopathologic examination of the tissue showed a necrobiotic granuloma with associated histiocytic infiltration.’
- ‘Due to the absence of hyaline necrobiosis, a diagnosis of necrobiotic xanthogranuloma was therefore made.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.