One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a neat way.‘neatly folded shirts’‘she neatly sidestepped the question’
tidily, smartly, sprucelycleverly, aptly, nicely, elegantly, wellskilfully, deftly, adroitly, adeptly, expertly, precisely, nimbly, agilely, gracefully, effortlesslyView synonyms
- ‘Perhaps he should enjoy his neatly trimmed garden during the week while others are working.’
- ‘Well as someone who doesn't fit neatly into any of their categories, I am disgusted.’
- ‘This tension is real; pain does not fall neatly on to either side of the Cartesian divide.’
- ‘Open one of her cupboards and you would find tins of food all neatly stacked.’
- ‘The picture shows a woman with neatly coiffed hair in a smart modern outfit.’
- ‘So I took the four cracker tubes out of the tin and stacked them neatly in the cupboard.’
- ‘All of this came neatly together in the rituals the Victorians developed for Christmas.’
- ‘Gender selection neatly shows exactly what is at stake in human genetic engineering.’
- ‘No row could more neatly illustrate the deep divisions between Britain's art lovers.’
- ‘A few blocks away, corner markets still had fruit neatly stacked in pyramids out front.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.