One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The most common form of refractive error is nearsightedness; others include farsightedness and astigmatism.’
- ‘The degree of your nearsightedness determines your focusing ability.’
- ‘Some studies have also shown that progression of nearsightedness can be lessened by contact lens use.’
- ‘As the degree of nearsightedness increases, so does the complexity of the surgical treatment.’
- ‘This surgery is used to correct mild-to-moderate nearsightedness and has good results.’
- ‘Myopia, or nearsightedness, occurs when two clear structures at the front of the eye - the cornea and the lens - focus incoming light at a point in front of the retina, instead of on its surface.’
- ‘Numerous tests have shown no relationship between computer use and cataracts, retinal damage, or permanent nearsightedness.’
- ‘Myopia, or nearsightedness, is another leading risk factor for retinal detachment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.