One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1An edible bean of a variety with small white seeds, used especially to make baked beans; a haricot bean.
- ‘Baked beans, lima beans, navy beans and kidney beans are all good choices.’
- ‘Legumes such as lentils, black-eyed peas, soybeans, chickpeas, kidney beans, navy beans, pinto beans and black beans are lowfat, filling and loaded with fiber, protein and carbs.’
- ‘Looking up from her bowl of navy bean soup, she couldn't suppress a flash of annoyance as she saw the vaporous figure drifting through the cafeteria.’
- ‘But all beans, including cream-colored navy beans and garbanzo beans, contain iron, folate, zinc, and a bit of calcium.’
- ‘However, other relatives are the navy bean (which is actually white in colour, don't ask me why), black beans and pinto beans.’
- ‘In a saute pan, heat the oil, sauté the pepper, zucchini, and navy beans until the vegetables are tender.’
- ‘You may also use canned navy beans which you should add after the other vegetables are cooked.’
- ‘Add beans to leafy green salads, pasta salads, and stews - chick peas, kidney beans, and navy beans have been shown to reduce LDL cholesterol levels.’
- ‘Some other good choices include navy beans, chickpeas and kidney beans.’
- ‘Between 14 and 18 immature newborns - blind, furless and the size of navy beans - clamber up through the mother's belly fur and enter her pouch.’
- 1.1 The variety of the common bean plant that yields navy beans.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.