Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- North American term for haricot
- ‘But all beans, including cream-colored navy beans and garbanzo beans, contain iron, folate, zinc, and a bit of calcium.’
- ‘Looking up from her bowl of navy bean soup, she couldn't suppress a flash of annoyance as she saw the vaporous figure drifting through the cafeteria.’
- ‘Legumes such as lentils, black-eyed peas, soybeans, chickpeas, kidney beans, navy beans, pinto beans and black beans are lowfat, filling and loaded with fiber, protein and carbs.’
- ‘In a saute pan, heat the oil, sauté the pepper, zucchini, and navy beans until the vegetables are tender.’
- ‘Baked beans, lima beans, navy beans and kidney beans are all good choices.’
- ‘You may also use canned navy beans which you should add after the other vegetables are cooked.’
- ‘Some other good choices include navy beans, chickpeas and kidney beans.’
- ‘Add beans to leafy green salads, pasta salads, and stews - chick peas, kidney beans, and navy beans have been shown to reduce LDL cholesterol levels.’
- ‘Between 14 and 18 immature newborns - blind, furless and the size of navy beans - clamber up through the mother's belly fur and enter her pouch.’
- ‘However, other relatives are the navy bean (which is actually white in colour, don't ask me why), black beans and pinto beans.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.