One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sustained fight between naval forces.‘the longest running naval battle of World War II’
- ‘It was the definitive naval battle of the Napoleonic Wars and it established Britannia's position as ruler of the seas for the following century and a half.’
- ‘After contributing his noteworthy skills to a massive naval battle, he is readied for a victory celebration.’
- ‘The naval battle came on a day when pirates seized three other ships.’
- ‘He concluded that a war between the two countries would end with an American victory in a climactic naval battle somewhere in the western Pacific.’
- ‘Much has been written about the Battle of Tsushima, which was one of the few decisive naval battles in history.’
- ‘He fought a naval battle off the Isle of Man.’
- ‘It was a highly organised and well-coordinated naval battle.’
- ‘Although on a smaller scale than other naval battles in the war, Roman losses were proportionately the highest suffered by either side.’
- ‘The naval battle between the two countries left four sailors dead.’
- ‘As the Navy endeavored to defend British interests, the world witnessed naval battles of epic proportions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.