One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘You're right,’ Aidan agreed and smiled rather naughtily.’
- ‘Drinking coffee at night still seems naughtily bohemian in this city, and there's an undercurrent of guilty complicity in the air.’
- ‘A pair of boys were already naughtily climbing the apple tree, disturbing a couple who lay dreamingly under it.’
- ‘Lynn winks naughtily at him, and Clark's smile broadens.’
- ‘Many girls had managed to remove their skates and were dancing naughtily to the hip-hop.’
- ‘Kitty ignored her grandfather's displeasure and giggled naughtily.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.