One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system of alternative medicine based on the theory that diseases can be successfully treated or prevented without the use of drugs, by techniques such as control of diet, exercise, and massage.
- ‘Studies of other treatments, such as reflexology and naturopathy, also describe different types of talking and listening that are dependent on the underlying theory.’
- ‘Since naturopathy's now recognized as more than just magic potions and mysterious herbal blends, it's become a more popular field of study for inquiring hands and minds.’
- ‘There is a time for what is called ‘traditional medicine’ and there is time for naturopathy.’
- ‘The most commonly discussed treatments were acupuncture, homeopathy, herbal medicine, chiropractic, naturopathy and traditional Chinese medicine.’
- ‘Here specialists in naturopathy, herbalism, aromatherapy and massage line up to de-stress the city dweller with a variety of enticing treatments.’
- ‘The programme also included acupressure, naturopathy, homeopathy and tips on preventing old age diseases.’
- ‘The British public's faith in complementary therapies, such as Chinese medicine and naturopathy, is increasing, research suggested today.’
- ‘Dean is the author of many books on naturopathy, and is considered to be a leading authority on natural health products.’
- ‘The one-time pharmacist, who came to naturopathy after becoming disenchanted with orthodox medicine, says healing is a natural process.’
- ‘Others pursue alternative or traditional therapies like homeopathy, naturopathy, massage or Chinese medicine.’
- ‘The inventor has a bachelor's degree in science and a degree in naturopathy.’
- ‘They organize health workshops, yoga camps and naturopathy seminars from time to time.’
- ‘For the time being, however, it's hard to dispute that naturopathy qualifies as ‘alternative medicine’ and is far outside the medical mainstream.’
- ‘Indeed, distinct therapies like naturopathy, Ayurveda, and acupuncture have coalesced into an industry that both works with and competes against mainstream medicine.’
- ‘Prior to the 1900s, the approaches to wellness and healthcare included allopathy, homeopathy, and naturopathy as well as a variety of cultural practices and folk remedies.’
- ‘The incident sparked Dean's interest in natural medicine and she added acupuncture and naturopathy to her medical school studies.’
- ‘He practices classical homeopathy and naturopathy in Asheville, NC.’
- ‘It uses innovations in modern medicine as well as traditional Indian healing methods such as Ayurveda, naturopathy and Yoga.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.