One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practical study of plants, animals, and natural phenomena as a school subject.
- ‘He is currently designing other attractions such as a nature study walk and fitness trail.’
- ‘According to O'Kelly, rule one in nature study is to take notes.’
- ‘Vocational instruction in agriculture began around 1897 with nature study in the public schools of New York State and elsewhere.’
- ‘The ages range from 4-6 years and the activities will be painting, nature study, and various sporting events.’
- ‘Originally, outdoor education was used mostly for nature study.’
- ‘Mountain biking provides an opportunity for nature study and appreciation, and can be enjoyed for a lifetime.’
- ‘About 30 people met at the nature study centre on Wandsworth Common last Sunday to discuss the issue.’
- ‘The surrounding landscape and the golf course no doubt offer great potential for the development of a nature study trail.’
- ‘There are field trips, nature study, and a whole lot of tools for the creative development of the children.’
- ‘Two layover days provide opportunities for peak climbs, photography, fishing, or nature study.’
- ‘Parents bring their children, there is jogging, nature study, outdoor sports, kite flying - indeed, the country park is a leisure centre in itself.’
- ‘Through this project the following subjects were integrated: Irish, English, maths, history, geography, nature study and art.’
- ‘It will be used by local youngsters for nature study classes.’
- ‘It was a walk for exercise, not nature study, and I was disposed to get it over with.’
- ‘After her doctorate she taught biology and nature study at a college in New Mexico.’
- ‘This would mean substituting early 19th-century nature study for modern biology.’
- ‘There would be a nature study camp for children aged between 10 and 15 in April and May.’
- ‘The children collected leaves from plants such as ferns etc. which will be used for nature study purposes.’
- ‘‘The school approach to nature study,’ wrote this former school-teacher, ‘is fundamentally unsound.’’
- ‘We were taught a variety of subjects including grammar, nature study, singing, dancing, poetry, French and Latin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.