One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A method of producing a print of a natural object (such as a leaf) or a textile by making an impression of it directly on to a soft metal printing plate under great pressure and then taking an inked impression on paper.
- ‘In the 19th century the technique of nature printing was a popular means of botanical illustration.’
- ‘Direct fish printing is derivative of the nature printing techniques which have developed in Europe over the last five centuries.’
- ‘The nature printing exhibition came to life, I thought, with our weekly demonstrations of fish printing on t-shirts, but this activity divided my colleagues.’
- ‘In a sense, nature itself provides the artistic detail as revealed through the nature printing medium.’
- ‘The renewed popularity of nature printing, including Gyotaku, has given rise to a number of exhibits and to the U.S. based Nature Printing Society.’
- ‘Before photography was invented, nature printing was used to illustrate books on the study of plants and medicine.’
- ‘Participants will learn basic techniques of nature printing and how to capture the true impression of butterfly wings.’
- ‘She observed that ‘even Leonardo da Vinci was fascinated by nature printing and left many prints in his 15th-century notebooks.’’
- ‘For the purpose of this study, the author will limit herself here to the application of plants as one area of nature printing and name it ‘Botanical Printmaking’.’
- ‘In this nature printing craft you can select the printing medium which you like the best.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.