Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who enjoys spending time in the countryside and observing wild animals and plants.
conservationist, preservationist, ecologist, green, nature-lover, eco-activistView synonyms
- ‘As a nature lover, you'll totally dig a woodsy or musky fragrance.’
- ‘Nature lovers may want to stay close to the hiking trails along the protected marshes or near the Sea Pines Forest Preserve, home to native wildlife.’
- ‘Contemporaries described Jacob as ' a kindly charitable neighbour ' and ' an unassuming scholar and nature-lover '.’
- ‘Hiking and whitewater rafting guide jobs are available to experienced nature lovers.’
- ‘The Bairnsdale and District Field Naturalist's Club love a bit of outdoors and the club was formed for nature lovers to unite.’
- ‘If you're a nature lover, dust off the old bike and head for the trail.’
- ‘Why is the Guindy National Park not the regular haunt of nature lovers?’
- ‘Punta Cana is a nature lover's paradise with 20 miles of white, unspoiled sandy beaches lined with swaying coconut palms.’
- ‘For Italian nature lovers, a walk in the woods often has a practical purpose.’
- ‘In the spring, nature-lovers come to see colorful wildflowers and observe migrating birds.’
- ‘For more than a century, nature lovers believed that preserving the wild meant keeping people out.’
- ‘In the last few years, Hydro's habit of sprinkling new turbines on small rivers has met with opposition from environmentalists and nature lovers.’
- ‘If you are a nature lover used to the modern way of life the Caribbean islands and the Caribbean cruise are perfect getaways for you.’
- ‘Esperance is one of Western Australia's natural gems - enjoyed by families and nature-lovers for its unspoiled coastline, stunningly white beaches, rugged parks and marine adventures.’
- ‘There are lots of tiny side tracks to investigate and it is a nature lover's paradise.’
- ‘The lush and varied vegetation that results attracts an array of migratory birds - and nature lovers.’
- ‘Mobile technology will allow nature lovers to take their electronic nature library with them to their favorite nature area.’
- ‘Madagascar, the world's fourth largest island, is a nature-lover's paradise on land, but its underwater treasures are only now being explored, yielding up previously unknown species of coral and fish.’
- ‘Here hikers and nature lovers enjoy trails through a variety of eco-systems all contained within a remarkably small land area.’
- ‘Besides caring lovingly for her family, Mom enjoyed gardening, reading, writing, and was an avid nature lover.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.