One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process whereby organisms better adapted to their environment tend to survive and produce more offspring. The theory of its action was first fully expounded by Charles Darwin, and it is now regarded as be the main process that brings about evolution.
- ‘Charles Darwin's ideas on evolution through natural selection are the basis for these arguments.’
- ‘There are many excellent popular science books on the subject of evolution and natural selection.’
- ‘In other words, these capacities are the outcome of evolution by natural selection.’
- ‘The theory of evolution by natural selection is the unifying theory of biology.’
- ‘Studying the Galapagos islands helped to inspire Charles Darwin's theory of natural selection.’
- ‘So genetic stock changes through natural selection rather than learning.’
- ‘He says that adaptive fitness, produced by natural selection, is not necessarily related to survival value.’
- ‘You would expect natural selection to remove the unattractive variants.’
- ‘These traits and differences are said to have evolved in our ancestors via natural selection.’
- ‘By a process of natural selection the better adapted individuals and species survived while the others died out.’
- ‘Surely there's not enough intra-species competition for natural selection.’
- ‘This helps the market to evolve to become smarter over time through natural selection.’
- ‘They argue that advances in molecular biology suggest that natural selection is wrong.’
- ‘In other words, Darwinian processes of natural selection are now at play in the science media.’
- ‘In fact, there is no real scientific evidence to refute natural selection as a valid theory.’
- ‘As in Darwin's theory of natural selection, a species must adjust to survive.’
- ‘The researchers do not know why natural selection favored human ancestors who could run long distances.’
- ‘So, in terms of Biology, natural selection is based on genetic information.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.