One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A logarithm to the base e (2.71828 …).
- ‘Having arrived at the above equation, we can use the exponential function and the natural logarithm to solve it.’
- ‘Normally, when mathematicians talk about logarithms, they mean so-called natural logarithms, which are logarithms to base e.’
- ‘Due to a skewed distribution of the summed scale, the natural logarithm was used in the analysis.’
- ‘All variables used in this study were transformed to natural logarithms before the correlation analyses were performed.’
- ‘It has been known for over a century that as you progress up through the natural numbers, the average gap between one prime number p and the next is the natural logarithm of p.’
- ‘Euler asserts that the sum of the harmonic series equals the natural logarithm of infinity plus a quantity that is nearly a constant.’
- ‘Variables were transformed with natural logarithms or square roots to normalize residuals.’
- ‘In his spare time, between 1844 and 1847, he calculated the natural logarithms of the first 1005000 numbers to 7 decimal places.’
- ‘According to the prime number theorem, the average gap length up to a certain prime equals the value of the natural logarithm of that prime.’
- ‘Benjamin can also handle magic squares, natural logarithms, cube roots, and much more.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.