One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Flammable gas, consisting largely of methane and other hydrocarbons, occurring naturally underground (often in association with petroleum) and used as fuel.
- ‘Methane is the main component of natural gas, and is trapped in coal and released during mining.’
- ‘The houses are heated by natural gas and each house will have a gas coal-effect fire fitted as standard.’
- ‘The country's main exports are crude oil, petroleum products, and natural gas.’
- ‘Renewable energy is also the answer to imminent crude oil and natural gas shortages affecting fuel and heating needs.’
- ‘This type of ceiling heater usually uses propane or natural gas as the fuel source.’
- ‘No wonder then that most countries are opting for natural gas as the preferred fuel.’
- ‘These cars are expected to use hydrogen taken from fossil sources such as natural gas or methanol.’
- ‘The burning of natural gas produces almost half of that state's electricity.’
- ‘The land was blessed with natural resources of oil, natural gas and a lake of pitch.’
- ‘Regulation over natural gas producers was lifted in most areas of the country 10 years ago.’
- ‘So even though it is handled much like natural gas, it is not harmful to breathe if it leaks.’
- ‘The power station will be fuelled by natural gas from the offshore Kudu gas field.’
- ‘Large sections of public land will be opened to natural gas exploration and production.’
- ‘At that time, there will be two nets providing coal gas and natural gas for Shanghai local residents.’
- ‘At present most hydrogen is produced from natural gas and it takes much more energy to create it than it saves.’
- ‘In eight hours the well produced enough to meet New Zealand's natural gas needs for a day.’
- ‘Methane is a natural gas produced mainly by bacteria which live in oxygen-free and low oxygen environments.’
- ‘Even natural gas, the cleanest of fossil fuels, still has to be processed to remove impurities.’
- ‘The project partners plan to produce liquefied natural gas to sell in Asia.’
- ‘The fact of the matter is that gasoline is far more flammable than liquid natural gas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.