One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A natural event such as a flood, earthquake, or hurricane that causes great damage or loss of life.‘the number of people suffering food crises as a result of natural disasters has tripled in the last thirty years’
- ‘Electric crews face many hazards after natural disasters.’
- ‘The flood was considered one of the greatest natural disasters of the century.’
- ‘With property damage expected to exceed $100 billion, this will easily go down as the worst natural disaster in the nation's history.’
- ‘The 8th century was a period of crisis for the empire, assaulted externally and devastated internally by a series of natural disasters.’
- ‘The step-by-step recovery plan aims to help people afflicted by natural disasters regain financial balance.’
- ‘A feature of natural disasters in developing countries is that the magnitude of the disaster seems to be amplified.’
- ‘Natural disasters shouldn't stand in the way of your business.’
- ‘The famines were natural disasters caused by successive years of rainfall failure, but they were exacerbated by other factors.’
- ‘When we are confronted with massive natural disasters, our own feelings of inadequacy are almost inevitable.’
- ‘When a natural disaster occurs somewhere in the world and people want to help, we'll provide information and an immediate way to contribute.’
- ‘Typically, after a natural disaster, the owners of damaged property will file a claim with their insurance company.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.