One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Childbirth with minimal medical or technological intervention, usually involving special breathing and relaxation techniques.
- ‘Now that I knew that birth did not have to be an institutional ‘procedure’ I began to read everything that I could on natural childbirth, home birth, and water birth.’
- ‘Despite the lack of clarity over risk, increasing numbers of mothers are now demanding a natural childbirth at home.’
- ‘Women who opt for caesarean sections instead of natural childbirth are at far greater risk of catching dangerous infections than was previously thought, a survey has revealed.’
- ‘Family physicians and obstetricians need to be aware of this useful method of natural childbirth.’
- ‘Many women still preferred natural childbirth despite the inherent uncertainties of labour.’
- ‘As a balance to this, there was a move for less state intervention in childbirth and the development of the right for women to have more natural childbirth.’
- ‘If you were born through natural childbirth, your introduction to breathing may have gone something like this.’
- ‘I've taught natural childbirth classes for 13 years and have attended many births, most of them in hospitals.’
- ‘Most classes include information about natural childbirth.’
- ‘The archives are a treasure chest of easily accessible information on all of the aspects of natural childbirth.’
- ‘As faithful readers may remember, Adam and I really wanted to at least try natural childbirth.’
- ‘They claim many worried husbands are afraid of the mess and noise that accompanies natural childbirth.’
- ‘All of them believed I could have an easy, natural childbirth.’
- ‘I had specialists attend to me, but the pregnancy was absolutely uneventful and the natural childbirth was swift and normal.’
- ‘In particular, there's dispute over whether a natural childbirth, or delivery by caesarean section, is the best or safest way.’
- ‘For decades, advocates of natural childbirth argued that enduring the agonies of delivery without drugs brought its own reward: a sense of accomplishment and empowerment.’
- ‘Like many women who had babies in the late 1970s, I was part of the natural childbirth movement.’
- ‘I think we have failed as childbirth educators because we've framed natural childbirth as just another choice, rather than as the best choice.’
- ‘He was born, as were all my sons, during the night, and that is another reason for natural childbirth to happen as close to home as possible.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.