One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A play, typically performed by children at Christmas, based on the events surrounding the birth of Jesus Christ.
- ‘In my nursery school nativity play, the Christmas before I turned five, I was cast as the narrator.’
- ‘Donkeys and llamas are helping to bring a traditional Christmas message to Swindon children with a unique nativity play.’
- ‘The adult choir was joined by the children of the National School who performed a nativity play and sang.’
- ‘She had the lead role in the nativity play when she was in third class as she played Mary.’
- ‘Forty-four children are taking part in the nativity play but that number was down to 28 at one stage.’
- ‘Some serious questions need to be asked of those who decided to replace the traditional nativity play with a version of an adult musical.’
- ‘Our real hour of glory came when they filmed the school nativity play in the local church, which was decked out with studio lights for the occasion.’
- ‘I'm also quite excited today because I've discovered what part my niece is playing in her school nativity play.’
- ‘Her first role had been as a sheep in a nativity play, bleating under her mother's homemade carcover.’
- ‘The students of the school raised the money from a nativity play they staged at Christmas time.’
- ‘And it has proved a resounding success with a quick uptake of the 50 places available and a waiting list of many others, for whom a nativity play is being organised.’
- ‘Fourth class students entertained the audience with their musical talents and brought the performance to a close with the traditional nativity play and a Carol service.’
- ‘A mother complained that a Jewish boy had been chosen to play the role of Jesus in the school nativity play.’
- ‘The musical, ‘Hosanna Rocks’, a nativity play, will be presented in the Church of our Lady Assumed into Heaven.’
- ‘The girls and boys brigade from the church along with the church choir sang carols and a nativity play was also features.’
- ‘There was a tremendous turn out for the annual nativity play before Christmas.’
- ‘There is the wonderful and true story of a little lad playing the part of the innkeeper in the nativity play.’
- ‘I remember at the nativity play last year how some children had to leave the room for pictures to be taken.’
- ‘Members of the Clubs will present a nativity play with Christmas carol singing and other forms of entertainment.’
- ‘I don't want to leave either of my children alone in a playground and if sports day or a nativity play falls on the same day how to I make a choice of which one to go to?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.