One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A play, typically performed by children at Christmas, based on the events surrounding the birth of Jesus Christ.
- ‘A mother complained that a Jewish boy had been chosen to play the role of Jesus in the school nativity play.’
- ‘Her first role had been as a sheep in a nativity play, bleating under her mother's homemade carcover.’
- ‘Fourth class students entertained the audience with their musical talents and brought the performance to a close with the traditional nativity play and a Carol service.’
- ‘There was a tremendous turn out for the annual nativity play before Christmas.’
- ‘There is the wonderful and true story of a little lad playing the part of the innkeeper in the nativity play.’
- ‘The students of the school raised the money from a nativity play they staged at Christmas time.’
- ‘In my nursery school nativity play, the Christmas before I turned five, I was cast as the narrator.’
- ‘And it has proved a resounding success with a quick uptake of the 50 places available and a waiting list of many others, for whom a nativity play is being organised.’
- ‘She had the lead role in the nativity play when she was in third class as she played Mary.’
- ‘Forty-four children are taking part in the nativity play but that number was down to 28 at one stage.’
- ‘Members of the Clubs will present a nativity play with Christmas carol singing and other forms of entertainment.’
- ‘Donkeys and llamas are helping to bring a traditional Christmas message to Swindon children with a unique nativity play.’
- ‘I don't want to leave either of my children alone in a playground and if sports day or a nativity play falls on the same day how to I make a choice of which one to go to?’
- ‘I'm also quite excited today because I've discovered what part my niece is playing in her school nativity play.’
- ‘The girls and boys brigade from the church along with the church choir sang carols and a nativity play was also features.’
- ‘I remember at the nativity play last year how some children had to leave the room for pictures to be taken.’
- ‘The musical, ‘Hosanna Rocks’, a nativity play, will be presented in the Church of our Lady Assumed into Heaven.’
- ‘The adult choir was joined by the children of the National School who performed a nativity play and sang.’
- ‘Some serious questions need to be asked of those who decided to replace the traditional nativity play with a version of an adult musical.’
- ‘Our real hour of glory came when they filmed the school nativity play in the local church, which was decked out with studio lights for the occasion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.