One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As a measure of structural similarity with the native state, we monitor a parameter Q that we call nativeness (the same as in our earlier studies).’
- ‘The culture of conservationists and environmentalists in Australia has provided a focus for several contributors, as have the themes of indigeneity, belonging, nativeness and ferality.’
- ‘These simulation results suggest that the ensemble that minimizes them spans conformations with different degrees of nativeness.’
- ‘The register of natural history that he evokes in this passage emphasizes the sense of nativeness people have to their communities and the influence of environment on development.’
- ‘In this way, he can be seen as one of an emerging global class of ‘indigenists’ - individuals for whom their nativeness defines them, both for themselves and for those around them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.