One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A moorhen found in Australia, with mainly dark plumage and a greenish bill.
- ‘Now endemic to Tasmania, the native hen once occupied large areas of southeastern Australia.’
- ‘There are a group of native hens that graze in the school grounds and many other bird species in the trees and understorey beside the creek.’
- ‘The Tasmanian native hen is a flightless rail endemic to Tasmania, which exhibits frequent mate sharing by males and occasional joint nesting by females.’
- ‘In addition, juvenile native hens assist with the raising and protection of their brothers and sisters.’
- ‘Tasmanian native hens, echidnas, possums, wallabies, birds of prey and many others can also be seen on the property.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.