One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A moorhen found in Australia, with mainly dark plumage and a greenish bill.
- ‘The Tasmanian native hen is a flightless rail endemic to Tasmania, which exhibits frequent mate sharing by males and occasional joint nesting by females.’
- ‘Now endemic to Tasmania, the native hen once occupied large areas of southeastern Australia.’
- ‘There are a group of native hens that graze in the school grounds and many other bird species in the trees and understorey beside the creek.’
- ‘Tasmanian native hens, echidnas, possums, wallabies, birds of prey and many others can also be seen on the property.’
- ‘In addition, juvenile native hens assist with the raising and protection of their brothers and sisters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.