One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A forest consisting entirely of indigenous trees and plants.‘deer are having a serious impact on precious remnants of native forest’‘he lamented the destruction of native forests’
- ‘Astonishingly, over 90 percent of logged native forest becomes woodchips.’
- ‘Far from being an invading pest, he says, the camphor tree is a pioneer species in the regeneration of native forest.’
- ‘The two have been accused of illegally clearing tracts of native forest on the land.’
- ‘In the main, green groups who've long opposed cutting down trees in native forests have welcomed the shift to plantation forestry.’
- ‘Then there is the issue of native forest loss.’
- ‘There are many West Coast residents who are opposed to the logging of native forests.’
- ‘He opposed the trend of converting "over 10,000 hectares per year" of native forests to plantations.’
- ‘For decades, environmentalists have been protesting against logging in native forests, especially old growth forests in Tasmania.’
- ‘The first part of the track is a zigzag through remnant native forest.’
- ‘These forested lands are the largest private resource of native forests in the country.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.