One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A forest consisting entirely of indigenous trees and plants.‘deer are having a serious impact on precious remnants of native forest’‘he lamented the destruction of native forests’
- ‘He opposed the trend of converting "over 10,000 hectares per year" of native forests to plantations.’
- ‘Far from being an invading pest, he says, the camphor tree is a pioneer species in the regeneration of native forest.’
- ‘Astonishingly, over 90 percent of logged native forest becomes woodchips.’
- ‘Then there is the issue of native forest loss.’
- ‘In the main, green groups who've long opposed cutting down trees in native forests have welcomed the shift to plantation forestry.’
- ‘There are many West Coast residents who are opposed to the logging of native forests.’
- ‘For decades, environmentalists have been protesting against logging in native forests, especially old growth forests in Tasmania.’
- ‘The first part of the track is a zigzag through remnant native forest.’
- ‘These forested lands are the largest private resource of native forests in the country.’
- ‘The two have been accused of illegally clearing tracts of native forest on the land.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.