One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kind of wild or half-domesticated dog found in Australia; a dingo.‘a lamb had been killed by some of the native dogs’
- ‘With a massive native dog population and wild dogs and foxes, it's more a question of when rather than whether the disease will spread.’
- ‘Australia's native dog may have arrived here much earlier and by quite a different route than previously thought.’
- ‘The infant was snatched from the family campsite by a wild native dog.’
- ‘Percy has plaster casts of the foot-prints of a native dog that are far too big to be a dingo's.’
- ‘Most kangaroo species generally prefer open country where their great speed is an advantage in escaping dangers such as Australia's wild native dog.’
- ‘Later the dogs went wild and became the ancestors of the dingo, now considered an Australian native dog.’
- ‘Despite their bad reputation, the native dogs are a protected species on Fraser Island.’
- ‘Should the native dog be put on the endangered species list?’
- ‘The baby is alleged to have been killed by a wild Australian native dog.’
- ‘The girl suffered bite wounds to her legs after the native dogs pounced when she wandered away from her parents and into sand dunes on the Queensland island.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.