One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having or expressing strong identification with one's own nation and vigorous support for its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations.‘he was fiercely nationalistic’‘nationalistic pride’
patriotic, nationalist, loyal to one's country, pro one's countryView synonyms
- ‘Not to mention that religion and media moguls propagate the popularity of that nationalistic pride that most Americans have.’
- ‘The political movement in which it was based became increasingly nationalistic and isolationist.’
- ‘They said it was nationalistic, jingoistic, imperialistic and represented a bad and unjust past.’
- ‘This is neither an issue of political affiliation or nationalistic loyalty.’
- ‘His nationalistic tone and speeches against the European Union became ever louder.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.