Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having strong patriotic feelings, especially a belief in the superiority of one's own country over others.‘he was fiercely nationalistic’‘nationalistic pride’
patriotic, nationalist, loyal to one's country, pro one's countryxenophobic, chauvinistic, jingoistic, flag-waving, isolationistethnocentricView synonyms
- ‘His nationalistic tone and speeches against the European Union became ever louder.’
- ‘Not to mention that religion and media moguls propagate the popularity of that nationalistic pride that most Americans have.’
- ‘They said it was nationalistic, jingoistic, imperialistic and represented a bad and unjust past.’
- ‘This is neither an issue of political affiliation or nationalistic loyalty.’
- ‘The political movement in which it was based became increasingly nationalistic and isolationist.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.