One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the UK) a qualification in a vocational subject set at various levels and (at levels two and three) corresponding in standard to GCSE and GCE A levels.
- ‘He had also enrolled on a management course with a view to a National Vocational Qualification.’
- ‘A further way of obtaining a safety qualification is to register for a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ, or SNVQ in Scotland).’
- ‘They have already worked for a National Vocational Qualification and many have also achieved Duke of Edinburgh awards and first aid qualifications from St John Ambulance.’
- ‘That can lead to studying for a National Vocational Qualification, with support from the college and staff from school.’
- ‘Both of them lead to a National Vocational Qualification and a key skills qualification.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.