One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the US) a national organization founded in 1871 that promotes the legal use of guns and gun safety in the US and defends a US citizen's constitutional right to own and bear arms.
- ‘And some observers note that the name conjures images of a National Rifle Association splinter group.’
- ‘He is a strict, near-religious vegan, whose goal is to create ‘a National Rifle Association of the animal rights movement.'‘’
- ‘He was president of the National Rifle Association of America, 1883-1884.’
- ‘The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the National Federation of Independent Business, the National Rifle Association and National Right to Life also helped.’
- ‘He was endorsed by the National Rifle Association.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.