One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A common programme of study in schools that is designed to ensure nationwide uniformity of content and standards in education.
- ‘The issue needs to be separated into whether or not we have national standards vs. a national curriculum.’
- ‘‘At last we will have a national curriculum for healthy bodies as well as a national curriculum for their minds,’ she said.’
- ‘But perhaps other religious schools try to follow the national curriculum and standards more.’
- ‘Through the national curriculum, the government achieved uniformity of lesson content.’
- ‘These sessions aimed to raise the awareness of water safety as part of the national curriculum to primary school teachers.’
- ‘Religious education is not part of the national curriculum but by law all schools have to provide it.’
- ‘The tests must cover the national curriculum, but are developed locally.’
- ‘Plans are also underway for a small animal farm where children can learn about animal care through a structured programme based around the national curriculum.’
- ‘You've heard of the national curriculum, but do you know what's in it?’
- ‘They invite me to talk about God because under the national curriculum religious education classes must include the teaching of comparative religion.’
- ‘Our client should be attending a mainstream school which teaches the national curriculum since he is due to begin his GCSE course as he is 14 years of age.’
- ‘She called for the lessons to be made as part of the national curriculum, alongside sex education and other social skills classes.’
- ‘The gallery is regularly packed with fascinated schoolchildren now that the subject has been put on the national curriculum for primary schools.’
- ‘Most mainstream schools in the UK follow a national curriculum, teaching A Levels and the relatively new AS Level.’
- ‘All areas of education, including the national curriculum, have been honed to fit into the government's privatisation schema.’
- ‘The national curricula in England and Singapore give specific direction to education.’
- ‘It is here that the national curriculum and support materials for all the subjects are developed.’
- ‘Home educators do not have to follow the national curriculum or to have teaching qualifications.’
- ‘The ban on computers breaches national curriculum requirements designed to ensure students are prepared for a world of technology.’
- ‘The national curriculum requires schools to teach evolution but does not ban them from teaching creationism as well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.