One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Reaching or supplying the stomach via the nose.‘she had to be fed by a nasogastric tube’
- ‘After a focused physical examination, a nasogastric or orogastric catheter should be placed for gastric decompression to prevent further vomiting and aspiration.’
- ‘In the initial clinical application of gastric tonometers, a nasogastric tube was utilized that incorporated a silicon balloon at its tip.’
- ‘Secondly, patients who are aspirating continue to do so even after placement of nasogastric or percutaneous gastric tubes.’
- ‘After intubation, the anesthesia care provider empties the patient's stomach with a nasogastric tube.’
- ‘Patients should also have a nasogastric tube and urinary catheter inserted.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.