One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person undergoing compulsory military training as introduced under the National Service Act.‘the nickname we nashos had for the regulars was 'lifers'’
- ‘For the "nashos", the establishment of a memorial in Ballarat to honour those called up for national service between 1952 and 1959, and again from 1965 through to 1972, was an important moment.’
- ‘The Nashos' Remembrance Day service will be the first held in the region.’
- ‘Many Nashos served overseas in international conflicts during the 1960's.’
- ‘The Nashos marched to the chapel from the Warrant Officers and Senior Sailors' Mess.’
- ‘We are so used to having the freedom to choose what we want to do - Nashos didn't have that luxury.’
- ‘Most Nashos still hold the camaraderie and mateship of their time close to their hearts.’
1950s: a corruption of national.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.