One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘En’ is pronounced as ‘eh’ with nasality, as in the vowel in French ‘chien’ (dog).’
- ‘Singers of all ages are discussed, and common vocal problems such as improper breathing, poor articulation, breathy tone quality, strident tone quality, nasality, tense jaw, lazy tongue and the changing voice are examined.’
- ‘Her voice is a startlingly versatile instrument prone to a metallic nasality.’
- ‘Her naked vocal is impassioned, but also reveals a tendency toward nasality and occasionally soggy enunciation.’
- ‘He offers many practical exercises for tongue tension, nasality, diction problems, such as the flipped and trilled Italian ‘r’, and other localized tension problems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.