One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Reduce the number of possibilities or options.‘the company has narrowed down the candidates for the job to two’
- ‘If he could figure out the brand of the cigarette, he could narrow down his suspects.’
- ‘While she is still undecided on her career choice, her options have been narrowed down to journalism and management.’
- ‘During my internship, I was able to narrow down exactly what I wanted to do with my career.’
- ‘We have narrowed it down to three options from a consultant s report.’
- ‘Her investigations narrow the suspects down to two possibilities.’
- ‘So far I've narrowed the options down to ten papers.’
- ‘Now we are able to narrow down likely suspects in a very short space of time.’
- ‘He adds that it has taken months to make progress and narrow options down to two possible sites and he feels it should now be made a general election issue by townspeople.’
- ‘I had narrowed it down to four options when the waiter approached our table.’
- ‘Post again if you need help narrowing down the options for a specific location.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.