One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The English Channel and the Irish Sea.
- ‘A variety of analyses have made such recommendations as the development of small, more expendable craft for the littoral and adjacent narrow seas.’
- ‘In the Mediterranean and the narrow seas of Europe, aircraft took a leading part in the conduct of blockade.’
- ‘The English also secured in a position but were forced to retreat to guard the narrow seas.’
- ‘All the more, fighting in the narrow seas calls for unique capabilities.’
- ‘Rather, the assault on, and defense of, shipping has abandoned the open oceans and moved into coastal waters and the narrow seas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.