One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The English Channel and the Irish Sea.
- ‘In the Mediterranean and the narrow seas of Europe, aircraft took a leading part in the conduct of blockade.’
- ‘Rather, the assault on, and defense of, shipping has abandoned the open oceans and moved into coastal waters and the narrow seas.’
- ‘All the more, fighting in the narrow seas calls for unique capabilities.’
- ‘A variety of analyses have made such recommendations as the development of small, more expendable craft for the littoral and adjacent narrow seas.’
- ‘The English also secured in a position but were forced to retreat to guard the narrow seas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.