One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of knowledge or criticism that deals with the structure and function of narrative and its themes, conventions, and symbols.
- ‘Much structural analysis, much narratology, ignores or downplays the role of time in narrative in the name of synchronicity.’
- ‘I circled my original idea pondering the elasticity of fiction and the nature of narratology.’
- ‘There are more likely to be longer periods of theory reading: literary theory, cultural theory, narratology.’
- ‘For narratology, legitimate signals must have been authorized as such, demonstrably asserted by the text either in explicit statement or through conventional signs like quotation marks.’
- ‘Structuralist narrative theory and narratology conclude that the subject is therefore but an effect of discourse or the outer limit of the narrative boxes and therefore moot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.