One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person addicted to drugs.
abuser, userView synonyms
- ‘When a diabetic travels abroad, the customs sometimes take his syringe and he is suspected of being a narcotist.’
- ‘Two of their fellow narcotists were Vincent and Imogene Reyes.’
- ‘I fancy that most of the female narcotists of to-day would, to begin with, have preferred wine and brandy to chloral.’
- ‘The narcotist keeps chloroform always at hand.’
- ‘The children of habitual opium-eaters or narcotists inherit an unmistakable taint.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.