One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A soft leather made by a special process from the skin of sheep or goats.
- ‘The Autumn-Winter collection lines up a selection of the warm and cozy which includes oversized wool sweaters with aged leather, nappa and pony trim.’
- ‘Inside, black Birdseye maple trim is standard, as well as special AMG gauges and sport seats finished in nappa leather.’
- ‘This is their dressiest line of handbags, featuring full-bodied, vegetable-tanned nappa leather with a slight sheen finish.’
- ‘He will sport a made-to-measure outfit, including a nappa leather blazer that he personally requested from the house.’
- ‘Inside and out, the attention to detail is meticulous and the interior finished in high-quality grey nappa leather.’
- ‘There is also the optional interior trim which includes finest quality nappa and Nubuck leather upholstery, anthracite-coloured polar or maple wood veneer and a roof lining of fine Alcantara.’
- ‘They come in dark denim or napa leather, with classic black and white.’
- ‘Leather bikinis made from glove-soft perforated nappa are also real eye catchers.’
- ‘She uses different types of leather like ostrich, nappa, suede and printed leather.’
- ‘In the tops, for example, laser-finished leather with wide horizontal slashes and in the jackets wave motifs made of alternating vertical strips of nappa and suede.’
Late 19th century: from Napa, the name of a valley in California.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.