Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A ring used to hold a person's table napkin when it is not in use.
- ‘They can be made with just a 2-inch strip of fabric; the length will depend on how many napkin rings you want to make.’
- ‘Wrap vibrant maple or sumac leaves around votive candleholders or napkin rings.’
- ‘My mother gave them to me, along with the napkin rings.’
- ‘For the cook in the family, go with gadgets that she loves and needs, things like ergonomically correct vegetable peelers and beautiful napkin rings are great.’
- ‘Add an acorn, or pinecone and you have a very impressive napkin ring.’
- ‘Walking into the plush interior certainly fosters expectation, and small touches such as a sprig of rosemary held in the napkin ring are really quite delightful.’
- ‘You can accessorize with seasonal place mats, napkins, and napkin rings.’
- ‘Her specialty is pottery and the shelves are lined with mugs, teapots, bowls, candle holders, honey pots and napkin rings.’
- ‘Add small orange or apple slices to a wooden ring for a unique napkin ring.’
- ‘Her waist is so thin she could use a napkin ring as a belt.’
- ‘Hand sew leaf buttons for extra embellishment, saving eight buttons for the napkin rings.’
- ‘Wrap a small piece of florist's wire to each end of flexible stems of rosemary, then tie to make fragrant napkin rings.’
- ‘Tie ornaments to napkin rings or ribbons to serve as a warm greeting to the feast.’
- ‘This set of napkin rings is made of sustainably harvested wood hand-carved in Kenya.’
- ‘Make a set of placemats, napkins, and napkin rings to coordinate with the kitchen.’
- ‘Students may choose to create a variety of objects: headbands, belts, bracelets or napkin rings.’
- ‘A good Panama hat, it is claimed, can be folded up and passed through a napkin ring, and it will then reshape itself perfectly for use.’
- ‘A pair of silver napkin rings will cost about the same price.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.