A crystalline solid derived from naphthalene, used to make antiseptics and dyes.
- ‘Soluble and insoluble proteins were stained specifically in blue with naphthol blue-black and polysaccharides were stained in red with periodic acid.’
- ‘Finally, it is mixed with naphthol to produce carbaryl.’
- ‘Certain molecules such as 1 - naphthol, its derivatives, and carbazole show remarkable enhancement in their acidity in the excited singlet state.’
- ‘Some of the dyes to which chromophores give a vibrant color are naphthol yellow, vat blue, congo red, and methylene blue.’
- ‘Hantaviral antigens were then detected by using a naphthol / fast red substrate.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.