One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A series of five winning points, victories, etc. in a game or sport.
- ‘He completed a nap hand of gold medals with his performance in the butterfly event, and admits: ‘I haven't stopped grinning.’’
- ‘He spurned two good chances from inside the 18-yard box wide before a late flurry could have seen City rack up a nap hand of goals following wave after wave of red forays.’
- ‘As well as the 100 and 200m, Jones is running in both sprint relays and hopes to make it a nap hand in the long jump.’
- ‘Five successive wins have lifted the Bees up to fourth in the table, and they achieved their nap hand with an 11-try thrashing of Dudley Kingswinford.’
- ‘Last Sunday's effort completed a nap hand of Great North Runs by Richardson, who has now completed seven half-marathons.’
- ‘Against AAM, he netted a nap hand of goals to forge an 8-4 victory.’
- ‘After hitting five last week, there was another nap hand as they travelled up to Carleton Rovers and disposed of them 5-1.’
- ‘A nap hand of contenders but a goal aside, worked tirelessly leading the line.’
- ‘Thackley booked their place in today's draw for the first round of the FA Vase in the most emphatic style with a nap hand over Prudhoe Town in the north east.’
- ‘Their manager was delighted with the three point harvest and the nap hand of goals, but agreed after the match: ‘We did carry a bit of luck.’’
- ‘A nap hand of City players were involved in the one-touch build-up before the substitute striker collected the ball on the edge of the area.’
- ‘His cross from the right flank picked out Shuttleworth on the edge of the six-yard box and he stabbed the ball home to give Guiseley a nap hand.’
- ‘Meanwhile, Cleckheaton's bid for a nap hand of victories in the same division will be severely tested at New Brighton.’
- ‘Opportunity knocks on Saturday for York Cricket Club to complete a nap hand of success for its four teams if its senior XI can win the Yorkshire ECB Premier League Championship.’
- ‘With resources boosted, City are confident they can make it a nap hand of Yorkshire victims and add Huddersfield's scalp to those of Doncaster, Hull, Barnsley and Sheffield Wednesday.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.