One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of technology that deals with dimensions and tolerances of less than 100 nanometres, especially the manipulation of individual atoms and molecules.
- ‘For example, nanotechnology may facilitate the development of Von Neumann probes.’
- ‘Eventually, nanotechnology and semiconductor device technology will converge.’
- ‘Nearly all the laws dealt with promoting nanotechnology in those states.’
- ‘What is nanotechnology and why is it such a buzz in the computer industry?’
- ‘Governments and the military have no exclusive access to genetics, robotics or nanotechnology.’
- ‘This latest fretting has been prompted by a branch of science called nanotechnology.’
- ‘There is talk of cooperation in nanotechnology and solar energy as well.’
- ‘The reason for this disparity is that most definitions of nanotechnology are impossibly broad.’
- ‘The team from the physics department are experts in nanotechnology, which involves engineering on a microscopic scale.’
- ‘Students presented papers on nanotechnology and super conductors.’
- ‘The center's research is aimed at the interface of nanotechnology and biology at the molecular level.’
- ‘How can you see nanotechnology or even macro technology on the way to Mars generating the sorts of energy that you need?’
- ‘The former group thinks of nanotechnology as essentially a new branch of materials science.’
- ‘Issues of complexity, evolution, nanotechnology and robotics sit in the very center of this debate.’
- ‘Whilst we are a long way away from turning lead into gold, science at the atomic level, or nanotechnology, is with us already.’
- ‘With nanotechnology engineers manipulate atomic sized particles to create tiny machines.’
- ‘An eclectic band of researchers is mapping out a new frontier of science known as nanotechnology.’
- ‘I don't write about just politics or just war or just nanotechnology or music or science.’
- ‘It would be irresponsible if this outcome was to be repeated with nanotechnology.’
- ‘They were describing an area of advanced nanotechnology called molecular manufacturing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.