Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A kind of microorganism about a tenth the size of the smallest normal bacteria, claimed to have been discovered in living tissue and in rock.→ nanobe
- ‘The contribution of nanobacteria to pathogenic bioaerosols, in the view of the authors, must overwhelm all other types of biological particles in the atmosphere.’
- ‘The authors of a study published in the journal call for a ‘major initiative’ to investigate nanobacteria.’
- ‘They have an interesting article on nanobacteria.’
- ‘In addition, nanobacteria may be important in clay mineral diagenesis in buried sandstones.’
- ‘What matters is if we can figure out the association between nanobacteria and kidney stones and develop some kind of countermeasure.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.