Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A class of elements (e.g. addresses, file locations, etc.) in which each element has a name unique to that class, although it may be shared with elements in other classes.
- ‘Therefore, we must properly qualify names of event elements by placing them in different XML namespaces.’
- ‘System and method for providing compatibility between distributed file system namespaces and operating system pathname syntax’
- ‘Given the path of a namespace and the name of an event class, an application can subscribe for events described by this class.’
- ‘This tag provides a name for the process and lists specific references to XML namespaces used.’
- ‘After logging and security, a third key feature in all three offerings is the ability to manage internet corporate namespaces.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.