One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The namelessness of the lover creates heightened particularity, at the same time giving his character the edge of the purely subjective.’
- ‘The husband's namelessness foreshadows the decline in his authority and his reduced function in the story.’
- ‘But there is a strange namelessness about everything that helps the film avoid conventionality or specificity.’
- ‘Though she is a lauded professional, she can identify with the namelessness that shrouds historical women figures like Sally Hemings.’
- ‘As they smile into the camera, they seem to be cheerfully willing their own namelessness, and become strange specters of themselves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.