One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A widely cultivated annual African daisy.
- ‘Further north you'll find the ubiquitous Namaqualand daisy, a hardy plant with large, brightly-coloured flowers.’
- ‘Cape violets are delightful on their own but if you want more colour you can sow Namaqualand daisies among the bulbs after they have been planted.’
- ‘Selected forms of Namaqualand daisies are available for cultivation in a variety of shades such as orange, cream, yellow and salmon.’
- ‘In the farmlands of Modderfontein between Nababeep and Springbok sporrie and Namaqualand daisies are blooming.’
- ‘The first rains are a kiss of life in this barren landscape and the Namaqualand daisies bloom into a spectacle of colour.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.