One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A widely cultivated annual African daisy.
- ‘Further north you'll find the ubiquitous Namaqualand daisy, a hardy plant with large, brightly-coloured flowers.’
- ‘The first rains are a kiss of life in this barren landscape and the Namaqualand daisies bloom into a spectacle of colour.’
- ‘Selected forms of Namaqualand daisies are available for cultivation in a variety of shades such as orange, cream, yellow and salmon.’
- ‘In the farmlands of Modderfontein between Nababeep and Springbok sporrie and Namaqualand daisies are blooming.’
- ‘Cape violets are delightful on their own but if you want more colour you can sow Namaqualand daisies among the bulbs after they have been planted.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.