One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A town, city, or suburb.
- ‘Back home at Samata nagar in Ulhasnagar, friends and acquaintances know him as a very down-to-earth and humble guy.’
- ‘The State Government must establish a transport nagar beside the road.’
- ‘Indiscriminate imposition of one-way regulations has eroded the fair image of our police besides earning the city the sobriquet of ‘one-way nagar.’’
- ‘This area is outside the city limits and comes under Nandavana nagar panchayat.’
- ‘Priority is given to women leaders of local governance bodies such as panchayats (rural areas) and nagar palikas (urban areas).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.