Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A town, city, or suburb.
- ‘The State Government must establish a transport nagar beside the road.’
- ‘Back home at Samata nagar in Ulhasnagar, friends and acquaintances know him as a very down-to-earth and humble guy.’
- ‘Indiscriminate imposition of one-way regulations has eroded the fair image of our police besides earning the city the sobriquet of ‘one-way nagar.’’
- ‘This area is outside the city limits and comes under Nandavana nagar panchayat.’
- ‘Priority is given to women leaders of local governance bodies such as panchayats (rural areas) and nagar palikas (urban areas).’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.