Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, a coenzyme important in many biological oxidation reactions.
- ‘This forms two ATPs, and two molecules of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, a carrier of high-energy hydrogens used in catabolic reactions.’
- ‘In this study we have focused on the regeneration of the reduced form of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide in the cell due to its key role in cellular metabolism.’
- ‘The NAM nucleotide coenzymes nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide-phosphate are involved in hundreds of metabolic reactions.’
- ‘These include things like thiamine pyrophosphate, pyridoxal phosphate and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide.’
- ‘There are several metabolic pathways for biosynthesis of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD +) in bacteria.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.