One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A benign tumour of connective tissue containing mucus or gelatinous material.
- ‘The radiographic differential diagnosis included odontogenic myxoma, desmoplastic fibroma, and myofibromatosis.’
- ‘Searching for the source of embolic material resulted in the discovery of a cardiac myxoma in the left atrium.’
- ‘Surgical excision gives excellent short-term and long-term results that lead to an eventual cure of nonfamilial myxomas.’
- ‘The most common benign intracardiac tumors are myxomas.’
- ‘They are the third most common primary cardiac tumors after myxomas and lipomas, accounting for 7% of all primary cardiac tumors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.