Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A benign tumour of connective tissue containing mucus or gelatinous material.
- ‘Searching for the source of embolic material resulted in the discovery of a cardiac myxoma in the left atrium.’
- ‘The most common benign intracardiac tumors are myxomas.’
- ‘Surgical excision gives excellent short-term and long-term results that lead to an eventual cure of nonfamilial myxomas.’
- ‘They are the third most common primary cardiac tumors after myxomas and lipomas, accounting for 7% of all primary cardiac tumors.’
- ‘The radiographic differential diagnosis included odontogenic myxoma, desmoplastic fibroma, and myofibromatosis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.